The Titanian Code of Ethics
The Titanian Code of Ethics, also known as the Titanian Code of Honor, is a set of four simple affirmations containing the most prominent logical consequences of the Titanian Ethic. These affirmations and a brief explanation of each are shown below. I strongly suggest that you learn and honor this code.
- We do no harm.We do good at every opportunity.
- The CODE always applies – no exceptions
- Everyone knows the CODE.
- An act is good if it increases creativity, or any of its logical equivalents, for at least one person, including the person acting, without limiting or diminishing creativity for anyone.
- Logical equivalents of creativity include: love, awareness, evolution, the availability of objectively true information to ethical persons, and possibly many other resources.
- A second set of creativity-enhancing resources are sometimes necessary, often helpful, and never sufficient, for the maximization of creativity; however they are not logical equivalents of creativity and
their maximization in lieu of creativity can result in unethical outcomes. These resources include, but are not limited to: freedom, privacy, honesty, empathy, conscience, energy, wealth, profit, and even happiness.
The explanations that follow are simply logical consequences of the above definitions.
We Do No “Harm”
- We never attempt to achieve ethical ends by unethical means.
- We never lie - except in self-defense, in which case lying may be mandatory.
- We never coerce – except in self-defense.
- We never steal, destroy, limit, or diminish anyone’s physical, tangible, mental, intellectual, temporal, or emotional resources.
- We never invade another’s privacy.
- We never excuse our own ethical lapses.
- We never destroy, limit, or avoid corrective feedback.
- We never attempt to delegate authority that we do not possess as individuals.
- We never employ “majority rule”.
- We never perform (act) as a group in a way that would be unethical if performed by an individual.
- We never support, nurture, or augment the abilities of anyone whose actions are predatory, parasitic, or generally unethical. Nor do we permit such acts when presented with a choice in the matter.
- We never obey rules/”laws” that forbid ethical behavior or require unethical behavior.
We Consistently Do “Good”
- We always seek to maximize creativity, love, awareness, personal evolution, and their logical
equivalents above all else and at every opportunity.
- We commit to those actions which fulfill this mission.
- We commit to using only those means which are ethical ends in themselves.
- At every opportunity we help and augment the freedom, independence, autonomy, privacy, knowledge,
courage, and other creativity-enhancing resources of those whom we trust to act in
accordance with the CODE.
- We ask for and accept the help of others.
- We ask for and accept the corrective feedback available from others.
- We offer our own corrective feedback to others, especially where ethical decision-making is
- We augment one another’s strengths and compensate for one another’s weaknesses.
- We maintain security and confidentiality.
- We celebrate all individual and group success.
- We share expenses and profits as agreed.
- We are paid for our creativity and productivity – not for our time.
Code Of Ethics Applies At All Times – Not Just When It Is Easy Or Convenient.
EveryoneE Knows The CoedeOf Ethics – Now you do too.
Questions about the Code of Ethics?
Ask them here!
Let Me Answer
Call Me In
561 - 542 - 5800
- Bob Podolsky -